Category Archives: Community

Event this Saturday 10/10, Chicago

flier.JPGby Michael Una.

Circuit Bending dynamic duo Roth Mobot and myself will be exhibiting our recent works and playing some music this Saturday as part of art collective Deadline Projects show Hands On. All the work in the show is meant for the audience to touch and play with. This event will take place at:

HAPPY DOG GALLERY1542 N.MILWAUKEE, 2ND FLOOR

ONE NIGHT ONLY– 10/10/09, 6:00PM – 11:00PM FREE

From the press release: Don’t be afraid to touch and interact with the artwork in Hands On, presented by Chicago-based collective, Deadline Projects. Breaking down boundaries between art and audience in this one-night exhibition, local artists unveil new work specifically created to be touched, handled, and manipulated by the audience. Hands On is part of Chicago Artists Month 2009, the fourteenth annual celebration of Chicago’s vibrant visual art community. In October, more than 200 exhibitions of emerging and established artists, openings, demonstrations, tours, open studios and neighborhood art walks take place at galleries, cultural centers and arts buildings throughout the city. Chicago Artists Month is organized by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and is made possible through support provided by Bank of America. For more information, visit: www.chicagoartistsmonth.org

Participating artists include: Arielle Bielak, nikki hollander, Damien James, Blake Parish Lewis, Roth Mobot, Vivien Park, Sarah Perez, Holly Sabin, Marc Salha, Shawn Stucky, Michael Una, and Russ White.

I’ll also mention here that I’m one of the featured artists selected by the City of Chicago, as evidenced by my smiling face in the picture below.

featured artists

Free Music Friday Presents…The 201 Files

201.JPG

by Rodney

I was recently sent this file, asking me to add this CD to the Free Music Friday library. The only information I have is from their Myspace page. I could gather that they are a couple of circuit benders whom have gone undercover as spies calling themselves The 201 Files. They seem to be communicating intelligence findings threw these tracks. I found it very refreshing and jazz/bent like. It definitely has a cool mix of spy films and all the action to match.

The 201 Files Album Download

Igloo Martian/The Koobaatoo Asparagus Split

koobaatoo.JPG

Yet another release from Igloo Martian , this time pairing up with The Koobaatoo Asparagus from San Diego, California. Combined they give us one heck of a bent split that’s so hot you can fry an egg on it! The download includes a cover with some crazy great artwork. This album is also available through Igloo and Koobaatoo in a hard copy as it was attended for release. But with all this technology we got going, they were cool with letting it out as a Free Music Friday release as well. Lucky us because these two guys are rocking hard with the bends and one shouldn’t miss out on any of this! I also believe this is Koobaatoo’s first bent release. So that’s a pretty big moment in any artist life. I’m glad to help spread the word! Enjoy!

Download – Album Zip.

Free Music Friday – Circo Bazooko

coverfor6eqj5.jpg

6EQUJ5 is a collaboration project between Circo Bazooko and Giorgio “Jure” Zuliani and Liviano Mos from Jennifer Gentle. The recording is an improvised live session recorded from one single jam between the group. It was all done in Trieste, Italy where the guys are all from. The CD contains 26 tracks all recorded and then mixed at MOS Records at Matonia Studios Ltd. while produced by Not Any. 6EQUJ5 requests that you read the insert to truly understand the quality of their recording…or lack of. Any way you look at it…it all comes out to be a very great sounding self released CD, that they hope you will enjoy.

6EQUJ5 – Download Album

Free Music Friday Presents…Do Not Bend III

do_not_bend_3.JPG

Do Not bend III is the latest release in the “Do Not Bend” series of compilations from Tiger Claw Records. This release brings new artistry to the soldering table. Featuring for the first time on a Tiger Claw release…Maxbender.

It also brings an assortment of staples that inject us with plenty of Vitamin A for Awesomeness. And if you can’t get enough Vitamin A from Do Not Bend, Igloo Martian has a link to his newest fifth release “Disintegrated or Cross My Fingers While I Sleep” and if that’s still not enough…TOO BAD! 🙂 You’ll have to wait until next week, where we will feature the much anticipated 6EQUJ5 release staring Circo Bazooko and featuring Giorgio “Jure” Zuliani and Liviano Mos from the Italian band Jennifer Gentle. It’s a collaboration project featuring 26 tracks of pure “VITAMIN A”.]

Do Not Bend III-Album Download